The Minnesota Zoo is a top family attraction in our state, hosting approximately 1.3 million visitors annually. Our 485-acre site is open year round and is home to more than 4,200 animals representing approximately 540 species, many of which are considered endangered or threatened. For more than 30 years, the Zoo has been delighting and educating adults and children with award-winning animal exhibits, engaging live animal demonstrations, special events and much more. Through your gift, your company will:
- Reach more than 1,000,000 consumers annually
- Reach a family demographic with a higher than average level of education and annual household income
- Support the state’s largest environmental learning center, serving more than 325,000 people through a variety of education programs
- Support a leader in local, national and global wildlife conservation
The Minnesota Zoo is a state organization receiving less than 30% of its annual operating budget from state appropriations. The Zoo also enjoys strong community support from our more than 42,000 member households.
Depending on your organization’s giving priorities, the Zoo has a number of opportunities that will fit your community affairs, marketing or sustainability goals.
Beastly Ball Sponsorship
For more than 20 years, the Beastly Ball has provided major support for the Zoo’s education and conservation programs – all while giving our guests a really great time! This annual black-tie fundraising event supports the Zoo’s mission to connect people, animals and the natural world and brings together the Zoo’s board members, donors and community members for a night of great food, unique auction items, and live music. Proceeds from the Beastly Ball directly support the Zoo’s work to protect and preserve endangered species and to teach kids and families about animals from around the world.
Sponsorship opportunities range from $3,500 for a corporate table (seats eight) to $30,000 for presenting sponsor and offer exposure for your company at one of Minnesota’s wildest parties. Learn more about the Beastly Ball, call 952.431.9310 or email [email protected].
Exhibit Sponsorship Put your company’s name in front of approximately 1.3 million guests each year by sponsoring one of the Zoo’s animal exhibits. From lemurs to lynx and grizzlies to gibbons, there are sponsorships ranging from $1,000 annual sponsors to $1,000,000 permanent naming opportunities. Animal exhibits (and premiere attraction opportunities) are located throughout the Zoo.
- Beaver, timber wolf, lynx or river otter in the Medtronic Minnesota Trail.
- Grizzly bear, Amur leopard, or sea otter in Russia’s Grizzly Coast.
- Bison, moose, Asian wild horse or camel on our Northern Trail.
- Golden lion tamarin, Komodo dragon, or tapir in the Tropics Trail.
- Coral reef dive show (daily shows)
- Milking demonstrations (daily throughout the Wells Fargo Family Farm’s season)
Questions on exhibit sponsorship? Please call the Minnesota Zoo Foundation at 952.431.9237 or email [email protected].
Special Events Sponsorship Events at the Minnesota Zoo are some of our most popular corporate sponsorship opportunities. If visibility and branding opportunities are what you want, event sponsorship is a great investment. Sponsorship benefits may include: Logo ID/name recognition in media buys, logo ID on collateral pieces, logo ID on website, Zoo admission passes, hospitality opportunities, and consumer research. Sponsorship fees generally range from $5,000 – $100,000, depending upon event attendance and promotional support.
For more information please contact Judy Thompson – 952-431-9257