Enter to win prizes from the Minnesota Zoo.
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The Zoo After Hours Candid Critters Photo Scavenger Hunt Contest (“Contest”) will be held online from 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) to 10 p.m. CST, on the following Contest dates, with subject to change: [7/9/21], [7/31/21], [8/6/21], and/or [8/28/21] (“Contest Period”). Contest is sponsored by the Minnesota Zoological Garden (the “Sponsor”) who is solely responsible for all aspects of this Contest.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States of America who are 18 years of age or older as of the start to a “Contest Period” ([7/9/21], [7/31/21], [8/6/21], and/or [8/28/21]). Sponsor’s employees and their immediate families, Minnesota Zoo Foundation employees and families, and Minnesota Zoo volunteers are not eligible to participate or claim a prize. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply. By participating, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judge, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER. 1.) As of 4:30 p.m. CST, during a “Contest Period” ([7/9/21], [7/31/21], [8/6/21], and/or [8/28/21]), the entrant must:
Have a valid Facebook® Twitter®, or Instagram® account: If you are not a member, you may register yourself here: Instagram® Twitter® Facebook®
Post at least one (1) photo in front of the correct animal habitat based on clues shared on the official Minnesota Zoo Facebook®, Instagram®, or Twitter® accounts during your Zoo After Hours experience on either Facebook®, Instagram®, or Twitter® with #MNZooAfterHours or tag @MNZoo between 4:30 p.m. CST July 9, 2021 and 10:00 p.m. CST during a “Contest Period” ([7/9/2021], [7/31/21], [8/6/21], and/or [8/28/21]). You must use the hashtag (#MNZooAfterhours) or tag the Minnesota Zoo (@MNZoo).
c. By entering the contest, you represent that you have all necessary rights to grant a license to the Sponsor to publish and re-use your photos for any purpose without compensation and that you hereby grant such license together with the right to use your name. By participating in this contest you are giving the Minnesota Zoo the right to use your submitted photo as they please. All entries must be received by 10:00 p.m. CST, during the “Contest Period” ([7/9/2021], [7/31/21], [8/6/21], and/or [8/28/21]). All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor. No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted.
- INTERNET LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the prizes using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of this termination date. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- SELECTIONS AND NOTIFICATION OF THE WINNER. A winner will be determined on or after three days following the “Contest Period” ([7/9/2021], [7/31/21], [8/6/21], and/or [8/28/21]), by Minnesota Zoo staff from among all eligible entries. Winners will be notified on or after three days following the “Contest Period”, by direct message via the social media account used to enter the “contest” and need not be present to win. Only one winner per household. Winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release within 30 days of issuance. Winners are solely responsible for all travel costs that might be required to visit the Minnesota Zoo. The winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected if a selected winner fails to comply with these rules; cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to claim a prize or fails to return the completed and executed Affidavit and Releases, in the stated time period as required, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use the winners’ names, likenesses and statements for promotional and publicity purposes without additional compensation or limitation unless prohibited by law. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding the selection of winners, notification and substitution of winners in accordance with these Official Rules shall be binding and final.
- PRIZES AVAILABLE. (1): One $50 Minnesota Zoo gift card and an animal plush chosen by the Minnesota Zoo. All prizes must be collected by 8/31/2021. Substitutions of similar value will be made at the sole discretion of the Sponsor if offers are no longer available. The prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash and if not used will be forfeited.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE. By entering the contest and participating in any promotions relating thereto, each entrant agrees to release and hold Sponsor, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, participating retailers and any other companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of this sweepstakes and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from any and all losses, rights, claims, injuries, damages, expenses, costs or actions of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this sweepstakes or any sweepstakes-related activity, or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, including without limitation personal injuries, death and property damage and claims based on publicity rights defamation or invasion of privacy.
- TAX INFORMATION. All applicable Federal, state and local tax liabilities and any other incidental expenses, fees or costs associated with the receipt or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- WINNER’S LIST. For an Official Winner’s List (available after [8/31/21] and through [9/30/21]) or a copy of these Official Rules (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Minnesota Zoo, 13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN 55124.
- Minnesota Zoo, 13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN 55124