The Minnesota Zoo awards educational program scholarships to families and individuals based on program availability and financial need. Funds are limited.
Scholarship applications are now closed for Summer Camp 2024. Scholarship funds are no longer available.
How do education scholarships work?
Qualifying families receive 75% off education programs.
Do you qualify for a scholarship?
To qualify, you must provide proof of income in one of the following ways:
- Proof of enrollment in a Minnesota assistance programs such as:
- EBT Card
- eWIC Card
- MHCP Card
- Please see the full list of assistance programs we accept from our Free to Explore page.
- If you do not qualify through enrollment in one of the listed assistance programs, you can still qualify if your income is less than 200% of the federal poverty guidelines (see chart below). In this case we require your most recent tax return (2022 or 2023) as proof of income.
|200% Level (75% scholarship)
|Household of 2
|Up to $39,440
|Household of 3
|Up to $49,720
|Household of 4
|Up to $60,000
|Household of 5
|Up to $70,280
|Household of 6
|Up to $80,560
|Household of 7
|Up to $90,840
|Household of 8
|Up to $101,120
- For children in foster care: The foster parent should attach the letter from the county that tells us the child is in your care instead of the tax return.
To apply please have the following information ready and then complete the Scholarship Application Form below.
- Picture of your EBT, eWIC, or MHCP Card (with your/your child’s name on it)
- Tax returns
- Most recent 1040 form “U.S. Individual Income Tax Return” (pages 1-2 that show your dependents listed along with your total income from 2022 or 2023).
- The tax return for any other adults in your household (example: your spouse/partner) if not filing jointly.
- Please black out all social security numbers for your security.
- Letter from the county that tells us the child is in your care. The 75% scholarship applies to only the foster child(ren) in your care.
All information is kept strictly confidential and has been requested for the sole purpose of establishing financial need. All scholarships are awarded on a need-basis and based on funding available.
After your application has been submitted
Once you have completed the form below and submitted pages 1-2 of your most recent Federal Tax Return or proof (front and back) of one of the accepted forms of assistance, someone from the education department will contact you as soon as your application has been reviewed. If you qualify for a scholarship, we will call you to confirm your registration (based on availability at that time) and collect your payment information for your portion of the fee. Once your portion of the payment has been made, then your spot in camp confirmed for you and you will receive an order confirmation in email.
If you have any questions, please email.
The Minnesota Zoo will make all reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to enjoy all its programs, services, and activities. To request an accommodation, please contact us as soon as possible after camp registration or a minimum of two weeks prior to your camp. Submit requests to Web: MNZoo.org/Accessibility Phone: 952.431.9364 (voice), 952.431.9390 (voice), or 1.800.627.3529 (TTY) Email: [email protected].