The Minnesota Zoo awards educational program scholarships to families and individuals based on program availability and financial need. Funds are limited.
- 75% scholarships are available based on income and household size on the Federal Poverty chart (see below) with proof of tax return.
- 75% scholarships are also available for those who participate in a qualifying state program and can show proof (front and back) of your EBT or Medical Assistance card.
- Applications must be submitted at least one week before the program start date.
- If multiple people in your immediate family are applying, please submit a separate application per person.
|Household Size||200% Level (75% scholarship)|
|Household of 2||Up to $32,920|
|Household of 3||Up to $41,560|
|Household of 4||Up to $50,200|
|Household of 5||Up to $58,840|
|Household of 6||Up to $67,480|
|Household of 7||Up to $76,120|
|Household of 8||Up to $84,760|
Scholarships are available for virtual summer camp at this time. Check back for more programs in the future.
To apply please have the following information ready and then complete the Scholarship Application Form below.
- Most recent 1040 form “U.S. Individual Income Tax Return” (pages 1-2 that show your dependents listed along with your total income). If you are applying after April 15, 2021, we will need your 2020 tax return.
- The tax return for any other adults in your household (example: your spouse/partner) if not filing jointly.
- Please black out all social security numbers for your security.
- For children in foster care: The foster parent should attach the letter from the county that tells us the child is in your care instead of the tax return. The 75% scholarship applies to only the foster child(ren) in your care.
All information is kept strictly confidential and has been requested for the sole purpose of establishing financial need. All scholarships are awarded on a need-basis and based on funding available.
After your application has been submitted
Once you have completed the form below and submitted pages 1-2 of your most recent Federal Tax Return or proof (front and back) of your EBT or Medical Assistance card, someone from the education department will contact you by phone as soon as your application has been reviewed. If you qualify for a scholarship, we will call you to confirm your registration (based on availability at that time) and collect your payment information for your portion of the fee.
If you have any questions, please email.
To request a specific disability accommodation, please contact the Minnesota Zoo at least two weeks prior to your program at 952-431-9364 (voice), 1-800-627-3529 (TTY), or [email protected]. More information can be found on our Accessibility page.