The Minnesota Zoo awards educational program scholarships to families and individuals based on their financial need.
- One scholarship per person may be awarded annually (once per calendar year).
- If multiple people in your immediate family are applying, please submit a separate application per person.
- Applications must be submitted at least one month before the program start date.
- Scholarships are available based on income and household size on the Federal Poverty chart.
|Household Size||150% Level (75% scholarship)||200% Level (50% scholarship)|
|Household of 1||Up to $18,090||Up to $24,120|
|Household of 2||Up to $24,360||Up to $32,480|
|Household of 3||Up to $30,630||Up to $40,840|
|Household of 4||Up to $36,900||Up to $49,200|
|Household of 5||Up to $43,170||Up to $57,560|
|Household of 6||Up to $49,440||Up to $65,920|
|Household of 7||Up to $55,710||Up to $74,280|
|Household of 8||Up to $61,980||Up to $82,640|
Scholarships are available for the following programs:
- Adult programs (Photography classes, Horticulture tours, and Adult camps)
- Career Day (non-school group events)
- Family Overnight
- Family Zoo Adventure
- Toddler Time (up to 3 single-day classes)
- Preschool Pals (up to 3 single-day classes)
- Wild Wonders Preschool
- School’s Out Camp – any combination of days for one session of school’s out camps.
- Zoo Camp – any week-long camp, the Build a Canoe two-week camp, or three single-day camps.
- Zoo Crew Jr.
To apply please have the following information ready and then complete the Scholarship Application Form below.
- Most recent Federal Tax Return (page 1 only). If you are applying after April 17, 2018, we will need your 2017 tax return.
- The tax return for any other adults in your household (example: your spouse/partner) if not filing jointly.
- Please black out all social security numbers for your security.
All information is kept strictly confidential and has been requested for the sole purpose of establishing financial need. All scholarships are awarded on a need-basis and based on funding available.
Summer Zoo Camp Scholarship Applicants
- Zoo Members: Your application materials must be submitted by January 25, 2018 in order for us to register your child on the February 1, 2018 member registration day.
- General Public: Your application materials must be submitted by February 1, 2018 in order for us to register your child on the February 8, 2018 general public registration day.
- Applications received after these dates will be reviewed and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
After your application has been submitted
Once you have completed the form below and submitted page 1 of your most recent Federal Tax Return, someone from the education department will contact you by phone as soon as your application has been reviewed. If you qualify for a scholarship, we will confirm your registration (based on availability at that time) and collect your payment information for your portion of the fee.
If you have any questions, please email or call 952-431-9390.
To request a specific disability accommodation, please contact the Minnesota Zoo at least two weeks prior to your program at 952-431-9364 (voice), 1-800-627-3529 (TTY), or [email protected]. More information can be found on our Accessibility page.