Wishing to walk off your holiday meal? You can count your steps to a better you while enjoying the warmth of the Tropics Trail (or outside on the Northern Trail, if you prefer)! Whether you like a speedy jaunt or a meandering stroll, the Minnesota Zoo is a great place to get moving all year round, especially during mornings when many animals are at their most active. And even though you’ll be busy logging your steps, don’t forget to bring your camera. While you visit the Zoo, share your great walking shots with us by using #dayattheMNZoo and @mnzoo.
How many steps can be taken at the Minnesota Zoo?
- Medtronic Minnesota Trail – 250 steps
- Tropics Trail – 680 steps
- Loop around the Lake – 800 steps
- Main Zoo entrance through Tropics Trail and Minnesota Trail, then back to the entrance –1585 steps
- Northern Trail Loop from Central Plaza – 2500 steps*
- *Walkers can add another 2,400 steps if they walk to the Wells Fargo Family Farm, open for the season through November 30.