All Summer 2020 Zoo Camp sessions have been cancelled. For more information, please review the Summer 2020 Zoo Camp Cancellation FAQs.
What if I want my child to only attend camp for two or three days instead of all five days for a week-long camp?
- Preschool/Kindergarten and 1st-9th grade camps have half-day week-long camps, but you can register for a full-day experience, by signing up for a morning and afternoon camp. We offer supervised care from 12-1 p.m., for a $10 fee/week, bridging the lunch hour between morning and afternoon camp sessions.
- We also offer single-day options for Toddler Time, Preschool/Kindergarten, horse camps, and llama camps.
- Preschoolers: 10 campers to one teacher and two trained teen volunteers.
- 1st-6th graders: 15 campers to one teacher and two trained teen volunteers.
- 7th-12th graders: 15 campers to one teacher and one trained teen volunteer.
Select camps will have even fewer campers per teacher than noted above.
We cannot guarantee a nut-free environment at the Zoo as guests often bring their own food items containing nuts, and nuts are a regular part of our animal diets. Nuts may also be used during animal demonstrations in the classrooms as positive reinforcement. Please disclose all participant food allergies during registration. To discuss concerns or potential accommodations, please contact [email protected] or call 952.431.9390.
Are the Zoo Crew and other Grades 7-9 campers dropped off in the same location as all the other campers?
What if I have to drop off one child at one location (Farm, SES, EEC, East Gate-main camp gate) and another child at a different location?
My child is too young for the camp, but will be the appropriate age just a short time after the camp starts. Can s/he come to camp anyway?
Youth XS (4) • Youth S (6/8) • Youth M (10/12) • Youth L (14/16) • Adult S • Adult M • Adult L • Adult XL
There are no extras or exchanges available.
Exception: Campers may use devices during Before Care and After Care provided they follow the following rules:
- Use of it does not distract or offend others
- Content is age appropriate
- Profanity is prohibited
- Anything of a sexual nature is prohibited
- Watching movies is prohibited
- Making calls or live chatting/live video streaming of any kind is prohibited
Camp staff may regularly ask to look at devices to ensure adherence to the policy. Violation of this policy will result in devices not being allowed at Zoo Camp the remainder of the week. The Minnesota Zoo is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.