Choose the Minnesota Zoo for your child’s next birthday party. It’s sure to be a wild experience. Offered for children ages 6-15.
Our Premium Horse Birthday Party Package Includes:
- 2 1/2 hour program with Zoo staff
- 30 minutes to gather your group and walk out to the farm with Zoo staff
- 1 hour and 15 minutes for program with the horses including a staff-led horse ride* and photo op (bring your camera)
- Additional 45 minutes for your own activities in private party room
- Zoo admission and parking for up to 15 adults and/or children
- Gift for the birthday child (party bag with plush)
During your time with the horses, you will build basic horsemanship skills while learning about horse safety and care. Then you’ll get to grab a brush and a comb to groom and interact with the horses. Your time will end with staff-led horse rides* for children ages 6-15.
*Please note: Due to the smaller size of our horses, the children must be under 200 pounds in order to ride.
*Please note: In the event of excessive heat, riding will not be offered for the safety and welfare of our horses. Grooming and time with horses will still be offered. Additional farm tours and/or activities may also be included.
|Premium Horse Package Pricing (includes tax):|
|Additional guests (over 15 people)*||$15 per person|
All guests will be counted regardless of membership status. Additional guests will be paid for after the party.
*Maximum of 20 people per party, but please note: a maximum of 15 people (12 children (ages 6-15) and 3 adults) are allowed in the horse yard.
|Optional Package Add-Ons:|
|Pull apart “cupcake” cake and juice (serves up to 15 people)||$40 each|
|Party bag for guests
Reusable, drawstring bags are available for purchase. You may bring in your own favors to fill the bags if you’d like, but the bag itself is a great souvenir of their time at your child’s party.
|Shared Birthday Party
If you are doing a shared birthday party with two children, you can order a 2nd birthday gift (party bag with plush) during your online registration.
Reservations must be made at least 3 weeks in advance and are available on a first come, first served basis. Please click on the Register Online button to see the most up-to-date availability.
Full payment is due at time of booking. Please email your expected headcount to [email protected] on the Monday prior to your party.
Offered select Saturdays & Sundays – May 3-October 31, 2020
- 9:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. -3:30 p.m.
Ready To Book Your Party?
Please click on the Register Online button below for the most up-to-date availability. Dates will show up online 3 months prior to each birthday party date that is available.
Prices subject to change
If you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected] or call 952-431-9390.
Premium Horse Birthday Party Policies (also see FAQs for additional information)
- Please note: the walk out to the farm is about 1/2 mile (approximately 15-20 minute walk) so you may want to limit what you are bringing to the party.
- The horse parties are offered for children ages 6-15. There are no exceptions to this age range due to the size and weight limits of our horses.
- Due to the smaller size of our horses, the children must be under 200 pounds in order to ride.
- A ratio of 1 adult for every 4 children is strictly enforced in the horse yard, with a maximum of 12 children and 3 adults.
- Children who are too young to enter the horse yard (less than age 6) must be cared for by an additional adult outside of the horse yard. They will, however, be counted as participants if they are present for the rest of the party.
- Older children can participate in the program in the horse yard. They may not ride the horses, however.
- Everyone entering the horse yard (adults and children) must wear closed-toed shoes. No flip flops, sandals or open-toed shoes are allowed in the horse yard. Tip for parents: bring extra closed-toed shoes in case any of the children forget theirs.
- All horse rides will be staff-led and all riders (ages 6-15) must be wearing jeans (preferred) or long pants. If they don’t have jeans or long pants on, they will not be permitted to ride a horse . Tip for parents: bring extra jeans in case any of the children forget theirs.
- Mandatory helmets will be provided.
- No strollers are permitted in the horse yard.
- No wheelchairs are permitted in the horse yard. If you have a child with special needs, please contact us at [email protected] to discuss possible accommodations.
- Each child who enters the horse yard, will need to have a waiver signed by their parent or guardian. Any child without a signed waiver, will not be allowed in the horse yard.
- The premium horse parties will take place rain or shine. Please dress accordingly with proper rain gear. No umbrellas are allowed in the horse yard. In the case of heavy rain or thunderstorms the program will be held under a covered area instead. There are no rain checks.
- Participants must follow all rules as directed by instructors for safety.
- No treats can be fed to the horses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of my guests have Zoo memberships. Do I still have to include them in the total number of guests?
Can parents and families who come to drop off children but are not attending the party explore the zoo while they wait?
||Ingredients: Sugar, Enriched Bleached Flour (Niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), Egg Whites, Vegetable Shortening, (Soybean oil, glyceryl-lacto esters of fatty acids, vegetable mono & diglycerides, TBHQ added to protect flavor), Water, Whole Eggs, Baking Powder, Non-Fat Dry Milk, Salt, Natural and Artificial Flavor (04/06/09)|
||Ingredients: Sugar, Vegetable Shortening, (Partially hydrogenated soy and/or cottonseed oils), Water, Salt, Natural and Artificial Flavor.
|Due to the variation of colors used it is difficult to pinpoint exact ingredients. Whatever U.S. Certified “color #” generally contain the following: Water, Sugar, Modified corn starch, Vegetable gum, Citric acid, Less than 1/10 of 1% sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (as preservatives)|
Email us at [email protected] or call 952-431-9390.