Round and round, up and down! The Minnesota Zoo’s hand-crafted Conservation Carousel is located along the Northern Trail, near the Asian Wild Dog exhibit and the Grain Elevator. This custom ride features 56 animals from around the world including tiger, bison, rhino and snow monkey and is fun for the whole family! It also includes two ADA-accessible chariots that will provide seating for two for those who wish to ride with a friend: one with a majestic bull moose and the other with a colorful butterfly.
Zoo admission is required to ride the Conservation Carousel.
$2 token per ride for guests 42 inches and taller
Carousel tokens are purchased at the self-service kiosk near the Carousel.
Guests under 42 inches tall are free with paying adult
September 4-October 28
October 29- March 31
Monday – Friday: 10:00-3:00
Our sincere thanks to more than 200 donors who contributed $1.7 million to provide guests with a magical – one that supports the Minnesota Zoo’s efforts to save species around the world through its wildlife conservation and education programs. With the amazing support of our donors, members, staff, volunteers and trustees we were able to build this beautiful, hand-crafted carousel in just over a year, to the delight of adults and children alike.
Please click here to see the names of all those who helped to make this new addition possible.
- All riders must be at least 42 inches tall to ride alone. Riders under 42 inches must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older
- Supervising adults of children under 42 inches must stand next to the animal and hold on to the child.
- Only one rider per animal
- No riding backwards, side saddle or standing on the animals
- No food or drinks allowed on carousel ride.
- No bare feet or wet clothing allowed on the carousel ride.
- Do not hang personal belongings on the animals.
- Do not run, push, shove or throw anything from or towards the carousel
- Riders must remain seated until ride comes to a complete stop.
- No changing animals once the ride has started.