Graphic Design Internship
The Minnesota Zoo’s creative team is responsible for creating design elements and promotional materials in a variety of mediums and formats. This includes graphic design, Web design, print production assistance, and photography. Interns in this area work with the marketing team to increase public awareness and so generate an understanding of, and excitement for, the Minnesota Zoo and its programs.
Applicants should be majoring in graphic design, visual communications, or marketing. Knowledge of industry standard computer programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign required.
Responsibilities for the Graphic Design Intern include design and layout of various collateral materials (flyers, schedules, brochures, ads, coupons, catalogs, etc.), and preparing photos for print and Web production.
Graphic Design Internship Working Conditions:
- Scheduled between 8:00 and 4:30 daily
- 24-32 hours/week, four days/week, 8 hours/day, 10-12 weeks
- Interns are scheduled Monday-Thursday
- Indoors in the MN Zoo main building (administration)
- Activity Level:
- Interns work in an office environment, seated at a desk
- Interns in this work area do NOT work with the animal collection and will have minimal contact with Zoo guests