Northern MN: A Wild Wolf EdVenture
Join the Minnesota Zoo for this once-in-a-lifetime North Woods adventure!
We’ll start our journey at the Minnesota Zoo with a wolf zookeeper visiting the Zoo’s wolves. From there, we’ll continue our three-day, two-night adventure in Ely, MN, where we’ll gain a new familiarity with one of our state’s most charismatic species, and:
- Spot wolves in the wild from a small airplane
- Use radio telemetry to experience how researchers track wolfs
- Go dogsledding with the Wintergreen team (run by Paul Schurke, a member of the first confirmed team to reach the North Pole without re-supply, and his wife Susan)
- Snowshoe through the snowy woods to a frozen waterfall or other wintry delights
- Howl to the local wild wolf packs
- Tour the inspiring exhibits at the International Wolf Center and learn about wolf biology and conservation from local experts
- Enjoy our time at the Silver Rapids Lodge, exploring the wooded trails and indoor sauna
Ely was recently cited by National Geographic as one of “America’s Best Adventure Towns.” Expedia also rated dog sledding with Wintergreen in Ely, MN as one of the top “unexpected adventures you need to experience” in the country.
This trip includes moderately strenuous physical activity. If you have any questions about accessibility, please contact [email protected].
Stay tuned for information about our 2020 trips.
How to Register
If you would like more information on this trip, or to be placed on the interested list for any future trips, please email [email protected].