Please fill out the Volunteer Application
Current/Former Volunteer Positions
How did you find out about our Volunteer Program WebsiteWord of MouthVisiting the ZooRadioSocial MediaNewspaperVolunteer MatchHands on Twin CitiesOther
Have you attended any of the following Summer CampEducation ClassesSESTravel ProgramsLecturesConservation FundraisersBeasty BallZoo Events
Choose one program and indicate all days you are available to volunteer. Please indicate which day is your 1st 2nd & 3rd choice.
Adult Interpretive Volunteer Program - 18 years of age and older
Seasonal Interpretive Program—17 years of age and older
Farm Volunteer Program - 17 years of age and older
Carousel Volunteer Program—17 years of age and older
Event Volunteer Program—18 years of age and older
Department and Office Volunteer Program—18 years of age and older
Gift Shop Volunteer Program—18 years of age and older
Summer Camp ZooTeen Volunteer Program—13-18 years of age
ZooTeens will select three full weeks (Monday-Friday) of volunteer service during the summer that coordinates with family and school schedules
References - Please provide two work, school or personal references, not relatives, whom we may contact regarding your application
Address City Zip*
By Checking the box below, I authorize investigation of all information contained in this application and/or provided in my interview. Any persons or organizations I have listed are authorized to provide information including, but not limited to, employment, performance, disciplinary or attendance records, volunteer history or character. I certify that the facts I have given in my volunteer application are true and correct. I understand that any false, misleading or concealment of information on this application is sufficient cause for disqualification or immediate discharge.
• I understand that there will be an interview in addition to my application.
• I understand that a selection process is used in the recruitment phase and not all applicants are accepted into a program.
• I understand that the Farm and Seasonal Interpretive Programs run 12-14 weeks each summer. My summer schedule will allow me to miss no more than two weeks of volunteering from Memorial Day-Labor Day.
• I understand that the Adult Interpretive, Event, Gift Shop and Office are year-round programs.
• I understand that the Carousel Program runs from April through October weather dependent.
• I understand that I will need to agree to a Child Protection Background Check with Fingerprinting before I may begin volunteering. (This background check is completed on teenagers as well)
Name and date of volunteer applicant
I Understand and agree to the above statements*
Parent/Guardian if applicant is under 18
I understand and agree to the above statement
Parent/Guardian of 17 years of age or younger applicant must complete this area
Please answer the essay questions below in 100 words.
Describe two strengths and/or talents that you would bring to the Minnesota Zoo Volunteer Program.
Why does volunteering at the Minnesota Zoo appeal to you?
How do you feel about animals in human care in a zoo setting?