The Minnesota Zoo offers two beautiful, conveniently located picnic sites. These sites feature a covered pavilion and can accommodate groups of 65 to several thousands.
This is the largest of our picnic sites, it can accommodate several thousand people and is close to the parking lots. This location includes two shelters, several mature trees shading additional seating, and a large recreation area for lawn games, inflatables, or carnival games. Capacity: 400 sheltered to several thousand total.
Crossroads Park Picnic Pavilion
This picnic site is located on the Northern Trail, close to the Endangered Species Carousel, Hanfi Wild Woods and the grain elevator. There are two frame tents provided for shelter. Capacity: 350 sheltered.
- A minimum of 65 guests for each picnic site.
- Available mid-May through September.
- We offer three picnic times during Zoo hours. You may reserve a time that works best for your group.
- $250 cost for the shelter rental.
- Zoo admission tickets are discounted:
- $14.00 – ages 13-64
- $9.25 – ages 3-12 & 65+
- Free – ages 0-2
- Discounted parking: $3.50 per car
Contact us for a complete picnic proposal including estimated costs & further details.
With your rental of a Minnesota Zoo picnic area, you receive:
- Planning assistance from Zoo and catering professionals
- Admission at our deepest discounted price
- Day-of event staff
- Personalized signage at the picnic area
- Picnic shelter and tables
- Grilled picnic fare by Lancer Catering
Our food is freshly grilled and prepared onsite at your shelter. All catering is provided exclusively by Lancer Catering.
IMAX: Enhance your Zoo picnic with a visit to the IMAX Theater.
Zoo Bucks: These special dollars can be used throughout the Zoo to enjoy the many different options we have to offer such as food service and gift shops. Zoo Bucks are sold in $1 increments.
ZooMobile: Trained naturalist provide a hands on animal education and entertaining environmental experience.
Endangered Species Carousel tickets.
Entertainment options: face painting, temporary tattoos, inflatables, and games.