Choose the Minnesota Zoo for your child’s next birthday party. It’s sure to be a wild experience. Offered for children entering grades 1-6.
Our Premium Pony Birthday Party Package Includes:
- 30 minutes to gather your group and walk out to the farm with Zoo staff
- 1 hour and 15 minutes for program with the ponies including a staff-led pony ride and photo op (bring your camera)
- Additional 45 minutes for your own activities in private party room
- Zoo admission and parking for up to 15 adults and/or children
- Gift for the birthday child (party bag with plush)
|Premium Pony Package Pricing (includes tax):|
|Additional guests (over 15 people)*||$15 per person|
All guests will be counted regardless of membership status. Additional guests will be paid for after the party.
*Maximum of 20 people per party, but please note: a maximum of 15 people (12 children (entering grades 1-6) and 3 adults) are allowed in the pony yard.
|Optional Package Add-Ons:|
|Pull apart “cupcake” cake and juice (serves up to 15 people)||$30.00 each|
|Party bag for guests||$3.00 each|
|Shared Birthday Party
If you are doing a shared birthday party with two children, you can order a 2nd birthday gift (party bag with plush) during your online registration.
Premium Pony Birthday Party Policies (also see FAQs for additional information)
Reservations must be made at least 3 weeks in advance and are available on a first come, first served basis. Please click on the Register Online button to see the most up-to-date availability.
Full payment is due at time of booking. Please email your expected headcount to email@example.com on the Monday prior to your party.
Saturdays & Sundays – May 13-October 29, 2017
- 9:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. -3:30 p.m.
Ready To Book Your Party?
Please click on the Register Online button below for the most up-to-date availability.
Prices subject to change
- Please note: the walk out to the farm is about 1/2 mile (approximately 15-20 minute walk) so you may want to limit what you are bringing to the party.
- The pony parties are offered for children entering grades 1-6 in the Fall of 2016. There are no exceptions to this age range due to the size and weight limits of our ponies.
- A ratio of 1 adult for every 4 children is strictly enforced in the pony yard, with a maximum of 12 children and 3 adults.
- Children who are too young to enter the pony yard (less than entering first grade) must be cared for by an additional adult outside of the pony yard. They will, however, be counted as participants if they are present for the rest of the party.
- Older children can participate in the program in the pony yard. They may not ride the ponies, however.
- Everyone entering the pony yard (adults and children) must wear closed-toed shoes. No flip flops, sandals or open-toed shoes are allowed in the pony yard. Tip for parents: bring extra closed-toed shoes in case any of the children forget theirs.
- All pony rides will be staff-led and all riders (entering grades 1-6) must be wearing jeans (preferred) or long pants. If they don’t have jeans or long pants on, they will not be permitted to ride a pony. Tip for parents: bring extra jeans in case any of the children forget theirs.
- Mandatory helmets will be provided.
- No strollers are permitted in the pony yard.
- No wheelchairs are permitted in the pony yard. If you have a child with special needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss possible accommodations.
- Each child who enters the pony yard, will need to have a waiver signed by their parent or guardian. Any child without a signed waiver, will not be allowed in the pony yard.
- The premium pony parties will take place rain or shine. Please dress accordingly with proper rain gear. No umbrellas are allowed in the pony yard. In the case of heavy rain or thunderstorms the program will be held under a covered area instead. There are no rain checks.
- Participants must follow all rules as dictated by instructors for safety.
- No treats can be fed to the ponies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of my guests have Zoo memberships. Do I still have to include them in the total number of guests?
Can parents and families who come to drop off children but are not attending the party explore the zoo while they wait?
Email us at email@example.com or call 952-431-9390.