The best outdoor music venue in the Twin Cities, the Weesner Family Amphitheater offers a unique outdoor musical experience and your concert ticket is your admission to the Zoo beginning at 4 pm. Come early, visit the Zoo until 6 pm, and enjoy a pre-concert meal at Grizzly Coast Café or World Tacos. The amphitheater opens for concert seating at 7 pm, unless otherwise indicated.
Please Note: Effective April 1, 2014, the Minnesota Zoo is a completely smoke-free campus. This policy is effective for both public hours and all after-hours events, including the Subway Music in the Zoo concert series. No smoking on Zoo property includes the use of lighted cigarettes, cigars, pipes or other smoking materials as well as e-cigarettes.
Available online at Etix, by phone at 1.800.514.3849, and in person at the Electric Fetus in Minneapolis. Tickets are not sold at the Minnesota Zoo, except for the evening of the concert if available.
What you need to know to have a great concert experience at the Minnesota Zoo:
- All concerts are rain or shine. If the headliner performs there will be no refunds. We suggest ponchos for rainy weather; umbrellas are not permitted. (The decision to cancel a concert due to severe weather is rarely made in advance, is a last resort, and made at the very last minute. Notifications are on the Zoo’s Music in the Zoo webpage, Sue McLean & Associates website, Facebook, Twitter, or by calling 952-431-9213.)
- Concert tickets are not pre-sold at the Zoo. If a concert is not sold out, tickets will be available at the Zoo after 6:30 p.m. the evening of the concert ($4 service fee per ticket).
- All concert goers, including Zoo members, will be charged a $7 parking fee.
- Before entry in to the Zoo and amphitheater, all bags will be inspected and prohibited items removed.
- Umbrellas are not permitted in the amphitheater and will be held at the ticket booth if brought into the Zoo. Please leave umbrellas in your vehicle. We suggest ponchos for rainy weather.
- No cameras with a removable lens, video equipment, or recording equipment allowed without a pass.
- If you have mobility issues and need assistance getting to the amphitheater, please inquire at the ticket booth.
- Food and beverages are for sale at the Zoo. Please do not bring outside items.
- No smoking is allowed anywhere on Zoo property, including the use of lighted cigarettes, cigars, pipes or other smoking materials as well as e-cigarettes.
- The amphitheater features reserved seating for 1,450 guests. All seating is wooden bench stadium style, with the exception of box seats.
- All guests older than the age of one will be charged full price.
- Box seats for selected concerts will have an additional fee.
- No re-entry is allowed after performance begins.
- Tailgating is not permitted in the Zoo parking lot.
- All prices, dates and artists are subject to change.
- Service fees are non-refundable.
Subway Music in the Zoo presented by:
Sue McLean & Associates, Inc.