Attention wildlife shutterbugs! The Minnesota Zoo is excited to announce the 7th annual Photo Contest, sponsored by National Camera Exchange. Starting June 1, submit your best photos from around the Zoo to the official contest Flickr® page for a chance to win a variety of prizes. Please note the official contest Flickr® page will open on June 1, 2016.
Read the contest details below and get ready to enter your photos into this year’s contest!
2016 Categories Include:
– Tropical Animals: Photos from the Tropics Trail (includes the AVEDA™ Butterfly Garden)
– Magnificent Minnesota: Photos from the Medtronic Minnesota Trail
– Northern Treks: Photos from the Northern Trail, Russia’s Grizzly Coast & Snow Monkey exhibit (includes Wings Financial World of Birds Show)
– Barnyard Animals: Photos from the Wells Fargo Family Farm
– Just Keep Swimming: Discovery Bay, the Tropical Reef & the 3M Penguins of the African Coast exhibit
– People and Places: People and places around the Minnesota Zoo (If non-Zoo staff/volunteer people are in the photograph, please fill out a Photo Talent Release Form and e-mail it to email@example.com. This form must be completed and submitted by the entrant for submission to be considered.)
2016 Kids Category (12 years old & younger) includes:
– Wild About Animals: Photo of any animal at the Minnesota Zoo
June 1, 2016 – First day contestants may start entering photographs
September 5, 2016 – Last day contestants may enter photos
September 19, 2016 through September 25, 2016 – Online voting for your favorite photo on Facebook
September 26, 2016 – Grand Prize, Category & Honorable Mention Winners are announced
Please note: Limit one photo entry per category, per contestant. All photo entries submitted must have been taken at the Minnesota Zoo between June 1, 2015 through the present (no more than one year old).
Please review our OFFICIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS for all of the details.
2016 Photo Contest is supported by: