The Zoomobile is the outreach division of the education department which travels throughout the state to deliverconservationbased educational programs to a multitude of audiences using live animals as education ambassadors. The Zoomobile department oversees the daily husbandry and management of more than 65 animals representing over 30 species including birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates.
Requires 20-30 hours per week working full 8 hour days (3-4 days per week). Start after Memorial Day and end Labor Day (flexibility with start and end dates). College credit required.
Responsibilities for the Zoomobile Internship include cleaning, husbandry, diet preparation, feeding, observing, charting, interpreting, and developing educational tools. Additional responsibilities include assisting in Zoomobile programs, volunteer encounters, and Zoo Camp demonstrations.
- Clean animal enclosures
- Assist in daily husbandry and management
- Record daily observations accurately
- Provide and develop enrichment for animals along with staff
- Prepare and feed various animal diets
- Assist and interact daily with volunteers for animal encounters and Zoo Camp animal requests
- Handle and interpret some species (armadillos, snakes, tarantulas, hedgehogs, skinks, chinchillas, turtles, rabbits, and other various animals) of the Zoomobile collection
- Assist in animal health procedures as needed
- Assist in Zoomobile programming
- Assist in development of educational tools for programs
- Research on current animal collection
- Office duties
- Educational project (to be determined by staff and intern)
- Special projects as needed
For more information, please contact: Internship Coordinator, Human Resources 13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN 55124 E-mail: Human.firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 952.431.9211 or
All application materials should be sent to the Internship Coordinator by email at Human.Resources .email@example.com