The Wings Financial World of Birds Show demonstrates to Zoo guests the natural abilities of birds, the diversity of species on our planet, and the importance of conservation action. The Bird Show exists as a completely separate department with a separate collection from our Bird Department. The Bird Show oversees the daily management and care of 33 program birds representing more than 20 different species. Shows are presented outside in the Weesner Family Amphitheater from Memorial Day to Labor Day and during the winter months in the Target Learning Center.
Year-Round Internship Opportunities:
Approximately 400 hours. 10-14 weeks. 40 hours per week. 8 Hours per day.
As with all Minnesota Zoo internships, college credit is required.
- Assist in daily husbandry of raptors, parrots, and other exotic species in the Bird Show collection
- Assist in daily maintenance of bird enclosures and stage
- Assist in backstage operations during shows
- Assist in accurate record keeping
- Assist staff in providing a safe and enriching environment for the Bird Show collection
- Learn safe and ethical parrot and raptor handling skills
- Potential to handle small parrot species and raptor species within the collection
- Gain situational awareness for working around animals in a fast-paced environment
- Create enrichment for our collection
- Observe and assist in training sessions
- Interact with Zoo guests, volunteers, and staff
- Attend weekly Bird Show staff workshops pertaining to avian husbandry, conservation, training, etc.
- Attend conservation talks by zoo professionals
- Complete and present an educational program to Bird Show staff
- Provide Zoo Camp demonstrations and other educational programs as needed
For more information, please contact: Internship Coordinator, Human Resources 13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN 55124 E-mail: Human.firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 952.431.9211 or
All application materials should be sent to the Internship Coordinator by email at Human.Resources .email@example.com