The Minnesota Zoo’s creative, diverse and fast-paced marketing and sales department is responsible for working with all areas of the Zoo and the community to increase engagement and generate excitement for the Minnesota Zoo, its many programs and its mission to connect people, animals and the natural world. Photography interns will work with Zoo staff and interns from all areas to showcase the importance of accredited zoos to help save wildlife around the world.
Internship positions are offered year-round; approximately 10 -14 weeks; up to 40 hours per week: weekday, evening and weekend work required. Start and end dates are flexible. Interns are expected to have FUN while they learn.
Photography Internship –
Interns in this department will work on the following:
- Assisting and coordinating photo shoots for specific needs/projects
- Photographing day-to-day activities at the Minnesota Zoo
- Assisting to develop proper systems to manage the photo and video database
- Managing photo release form database
- Working with Special Events staff to take appropriate images
- Manage the Annual Photo Contest
- Working and learning from Minnesota Zoo professional and volunteer photographers
- Creating interesting and relevant videos featuring Zoo programs, animals, etc.
- Working with Marketing and Sales staff on editorial calendar to ensure adequate photos/images are available
- Other duties as assigned
MUST have knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or other image editing software
To be considered for an interview, please include the following:
- Cover letter that answers the following questions:
- What are your career goals, and how would this internship help you achieve them?
- What do you hope to gain from this internship?
- What kind of coursework and/or experience do you have that would make you a valuable Minnesota Zoo photography intern?
- Official Transcripts
- Photography/Image portfolio
- Letter of recommendation from an advisor or supervisor (optional)
For more information, please contact: Internship Coordinator, Human Resources 13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN 55124 E-mail: Human.email@example.com Fax: 952.431.9211 or
All application materials should be sent to the Internship Coordinator by email at Human.Resources .firstname.lastname@example.org