The Minnesota Zoo’s creative, diverse and fast-paced marketing and sales department is responsible for working with all areas of the Zoo and the community to increase engagement and generate excitement for the Minnesota Zoo, its many programs and its mission to connect people, animals and the natural world. Interns in this department will work in teams and independently in the three different areas of the marketing team: marketing and promotions, public/media relations and sales.
Internship positions are offered year-round; approximately 10 -14 weeks; up to 40 hours per week: weekday, evening and weekend work required. Start and end dates are flexible. Interns are expected to have FUN while they learn.
Marketing and Sales Internship – Interns in this department will work on the following:
- Assisting with developing and executing on and off-site marketing initiatives, including: trade shows, promotional and special events, street marketing, etc.
- Writing news releases, public service announcements and other media-related assignments
- Coordinating media events
- Assisting with social media efforts, including daily posts, blogs and contests/promotions
- Assisting with social and corporate events – pre-planning logistics, participate in on-site event coordination, interact with clients, work with event planning software and coordinate with catering staff
- Coordinating publicity for various Zoo programs
- Assisting with on-site and off-site media as requested
- Assisting with photography and videography needs
- Researching and writing copy for the Minnesota Zoo website
- Assisting with market research and on-site guest surveys
- Updating promotional materials
- Organizing media hits from print, broadcast, web, etc.
- Updating databases, including adding groups, researching and entering new prospects
- Interacting with the community and Zoo guests in an upbeat and positive manner
- Other duties as assigned
MUST have knowledge of Microsoft Office – which includes, but is not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
To be considered for an interview, please include the following:
- Cover letter that answers the following questions:
- What are your career goals, and how would this internship help you achieve them?
- What do you hope to gain from this internship?
- What kind of coursework and/or experience do you have that would make you a valuable Zoo marketing and promotional intern?
- Official Transcripts
- Letter of recommendation from an advisor or supervisor
- 2-3 writing samples
For more information, please contact: Internship Coordinator, Human Resources 13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN 55124 E-mail: Human.firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 952.431.9211 or
All application materials should be sent to the Internship Coordinator by email at Human.Resources .email@example.com