Sponsor an Amur Tiger Today!
The Amur tiger is the largest of all cats, with a body length of over nine feet!
In the 1940s, only about 25 Amur tigers remained in the wild. Today, over 400 live in the Amur Valley region of the Russian Far East, where their numbers are increasing. Only a handful live in northern China, along the Russian border. While the wild Amur tiger population seems to be recovering, its future is still uncertain. Tigers residing in zoos are an important safety net for wild populations. Learn more about the Amur Tiger
Since opening in 1978, the Minnesota Zoo has had more successful Amur tiger births than any other zoo in North America! We believe this is a testament to the Minnesota Zoo’s facilities and dedicated keepers.
Your gift will help us provide the best possible care for our tigers and for all of the animals at the Minnesota Zoo, while also continuing our conservation efforts both here at home and around the world.
Your $55 sponsorship includes:
- An adorable plush tiger OR the children’s book Nine in One Grr! Grr! by Blia Xiong and adapted by Cathy Spagnoli (you will be sent the plush tiger unless you indicate otherwise).
- An animal sponsorship certificate.
- A tiger trading card with a photo and fun facts.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference at the Minnesota Zoo.
Your $100 sponsorship also includes:
- Animal Homes by Judy Allen and Simon Mendez.
Your $250 sponsorship also includes:
- An invitation to meet with a Zookeeper (approximately 15 minutes, during normal Zoo hours).
If you have additional questions, please call 952.431.9216 or 1.800.366.7811 ext.216
Or email Shannon at Shannon.Rhatigan@mnzoo.org