Celebrate HowlZooWeen at the Minnesota Zoo
With an African Fruit Bat Animal Sponsorship!
Bats are practically synonymous with Halloween, but they’re doing important work year-round. Minnesota’s bats mostly eat flying insects—including mosquitos! And did you know that many African plants depend on fruit bats to spread pollen and disperse their seeds?
Three species of African Fruit Bats share an exhibit on the Minnesota Zoo’s Tropics Trail: the Egyptian Fruit Bat, the Ruwenzori Fruit Bat, and the larger and more visible Straw-Colored Fruit Bat.
Please sponsor the African Fruit Bats at the Minnesota Zoo today. Your tax-deductible gift will help feed the bats and ALL the animals at the Minnesota Zoo.
Your $55 sponsorship includes:
- An adorable 8” plush bat.
- A personalized animal sponsorship certificate.
- An African Fruit Bat trading card with a photo and fun facts.
Your $100 sponsorship also includes:
- Animal Homes, a children’s book about animals and habitats by Judy Allen and Simon Mendez.
Your $250 sponsorship also includes:
- An invitation to meet with a Zookeeper (during normal Zoo hours).
Learn more about African Fruit Bats.