Soar with the Minnesota Zoo– Sponsor a Bald Eagle Today!
The bald eagle is a heartwarming conservation success story. On June 29, 2007, after three decades, the United States Government took the bald eagle off the Endangered Species Act’s “threatened” list. The Minnesota-Wisconsin border is one of the nation’s most successful recovery areas.
The bald eagle on the Medtronic Minnesota Trail was rescued in 1997 with a broken wing and lead poisoning, and has been unable to fly since. She was off exhibit to protect her from the commotion of the black bear exhibit construction, so it was the perfect time to work on her exhibit as well. She’ll now enjoy a larger space, multiple new perches (including one with a sheltering overhang), and a heat lamp. Zoo guests will appreciate the new plantings in her exhibit.
Your gift will help us provide the best possible care for this eagle and for all the animals at the Minnesota Zoo, while also continuing our conservation efforts both here at home and around the world. Get more information about the bald eagle.
Your $55 sponsorship includes:
- An adorable plush bald eagle.
- An animal sponsorship certificate.
- A bald eagle trading card with a photo and fun facts.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference at the Minnesota Zoo!
Your $100 sponsorship also includes:
- Animal Homes by Judy Allen and Simon Mendez.
Your $250 sponsorship also includes:
- An invitation to meet with a Zookeeper (approximately 15 minutes, during normal Zoo hours).
If you have additional questions, please call 952.431.9216 or 1.800.366.7811 ext.216
Or email Shannon at Shannon.Rhatigan@mnzoo.org