Show your “Bou” you care – sponsor the Caribou at the Minnesota Zoo!
Did you know that caribou and reindeer are classified as the same species, Rangifer tarandus? North American caribou have never been domesticated, while some Old World reindeer remain wild and others have been domesticated for centuries.
Woodland Caribou were once found throughout northern Minnesota, but populations dropped during the 1800s due to logging, hunting, and the northward expansion of white-tailed deer, which carry a parasitic worm that kills moose and caribou. Logging, fossil fuel exploration, habitat destruction and fragmentation, wolf predation, hunting, and poaching have all contributed to the decline of caribou in recent years. Learn more about the Caribou
Your gift will help us provide the best possible care for our caribou and for all of the animals at the Minnesota Zoo, while also continuing our conservation efforts both here at home and around the world.
Your $55 sponsorship includes:
- 12” plush caribou.
- An animal sponsorship certificate.
- A Caribou trading card with a photo and fun facts.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference at the Minnesota Zoo.
Your $100 sponsorship also includes:
- Animal Homes by Judy Allen and Simon Mendez.
Your $250 sponsorship also includes:
- An invitation to meet with a Zookeeper (approximately 15 minutes, during normal Zoo hours).
If you have additional questions, please call 952.431.9216 or 1.800.366.7811 ext.216
Or email Shannon at Shannon.Rhatigan@mnzoo.org