I know – Sponsor the Rhino!
The Minnesota Zoo is a key player in Desert Black Rhino conservation in Namibia, even though we do not have rhinos on site. Your animal sponsorship gift supports the Minnesota Zoo as well as conservation projects around the world.
Only about 4,000 black rhino remain in the wild, and approximately 150 of those are a desert-adapted subspecies living in northwestern Namibia, where a full-time Minnesota Zoo employee is working with a local conservation organization called Save the Rhino Trust. Learn more about the Desert Black Rhino
Together, we aim to expand the Desert Black Rhinos’ range and ensure key wilderness areas are protected and sustained through responsible tourism that benefits local communities. After identifying the most promising areas to restore black rhinos, the project will lead training programs on how to conduct responsible rhino tourism.
Your $55 sponsorship includes:
- 12” black rhino plush.
- An animal sponsorship certificate.
- A Black rhino trading card with a photo and fun facts.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference at the Minnesota Zoo.
Your $100 sponsorship also includes:
- Animal Homes by Judy Allen and Simon Mendez.
Your $250 sponsorship also includes:
- An invitation to meet with a Zookeeper (approximately 15 minutes, during normal Zoo hours).
If you have additional questions, please call 952.431.9216 or 1.800.366.7811 ext.216
Or email Shannon at Shannon.Rhatigan@mnzoo.org