Keep the Sharks Swimming – Sponsor a Whitetip Reef Shark Today!
The whitetip reef shark is threatened in the wild because it lives only in shallow ocean waters surrounding coral reefs, making it vulnerable to habitat degradation. Also, it doesn’t reproduce until it is relatively old and gives birth to small litters.
Whitetip reef sharks typically have an easy-going disposition and small teeth. Divers have even been able to hand-feed wild sharks! The Minnesota Zoo’s female whitetip reef shark came to us in 1992 from the Waikiki Aquarium, weighs approximately 45 pounds, and is about five feet long.
Your gift will help us provide the best possible care for our sharks and for all of the animals at the Minnesota Zoo, while also continuing our conservation efforts both here at home and around the world.
Your $55 sponsorship includes:
- An adorable plush whitetip reef shark.
- An animal sponsorship certificate.
- A whitetip reef shark trading card with a photo and fun facts.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference at the Minnesota Zoo!
Your $100 sponsorship also includes:
- Animal Homes by Judy Allen and Simon Mendez.
Your $250 sponsorship also includes:
- An invitation to meet with a Zookeeper (approximately 15 minutes, during normal Zoo hours).
If you have additional questions, please call 952.431.9216 or 1.800.366.7811 ext.216
Or email Shannon at Shannon.Rhatigan@mnzoo.org