Northern MN: A Wild Wolf EdVenture
Join the Minnesota Zoo for this once-in-a-lifetime North Woods adventure!
We’ll start our journey at the Minnesota Zoo with a wolf zookeeper visiting the Zoo’s wolves. From there, we’ll continue our three-day, two-night adventure in Ely, MN where we will gain a new familiarity with one of our state’s most charismatic species, and:
- Spotting wolves in the wild from a small airplane
- Using radio telemetry and experiencing how researchers track wolfs
- Go dogsledding with the Wintergreen team (run by Paul Schurke, a member of the first confirmed team to reach the North Pole without re-supply, and his wife Susan)
- Snowshoe through the snowy woods to an abandoned wolf den, a frozen waterfall, or other wintry delights
- Howl to the local wild wolf packs
- Tour the inspiring exhibits at the International Wolf Center and learn about wolf biology and conservation from local experts
- Enjoy our time at the Silver Rapids Lodge, exploring the wooded trails and indoor sauna
Ely was recently cited by National Geographic as one of “America’s Best Adventure Towns.” Expedia also rated dog sledding with Wintergreen in Ely, MN as one of the top “unexpected adventures you need to experience” in the country.
This trip includes moderately strenuous physical activity. If you have any questions about accessibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and ages for each trip:
- For ages 21+: February 2018 trip date TBD
- Adult and Families trip, ages 12+ (minors must be accompanied by a paid adult): March 2018 trip date TBD
Times: Starting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday and returning around 6 p.m. on Sunday
Cost: $575 per person (Minnesota Zoo members receive a $25 discount)
CEUs: Available upon request
Includes: All transportation, lodging, programs and meals
Register Online – 2018 not open for registration at this time.
For any questions, e-mail email@example.com.